As a leading research hub, Berlin is diverse, interdisciplinary, cosmopolitan, and innovative. The Brain City Berlin campaign makes this visible in a number of ways. The Brains of Berlin are at the heart of the campaign initiated by Berlin Partner für Wirtschaft und Technologie and our network of science partners. Renowned scientists and young talents alike, as well as representatives of research institutions act as ambassadors of Berlin's scientific landscape, inspiring people from all over the world to discover the Brain City Berlin for themselves.
Join us: become one of the faces of Brain City Berlin!
The Brains of Berlin are renowned scientists, young talents, and representatives of institutions who do research, teach, and work at universities, research institutions or companies in Berlin. Their projects and personalities are as diverse and cosmopolitan as the city itself. As Brain City ambassadors, they share exciting insights into their work and make Berlin's science to life.
You can become a Brain of Berlin if you are:
- a researcher in a Berlin university, research institution or company
- a representative of a university, scientific institution or a research company in the city
- a researcher who no longer lives in Berlin but wants to remain connected to its research landscape.
How to get involved with the Brain City Berlin campaign
As a Brain of Berlin, you share your personal view on doing research in the German capital. All ambassadors are featured on the website in the Brains of Berlin section. You decide for yourself how much and in what form you want to get further involved, for example by giving presentations, through networking, or on social media. We look forward to your feedback and new ideas!
Examples for further activities:
- Presenting Berlin: When doing presentations or talks on conferences, you can include information on doing research in Berlin and your role as an ambassador. For example, add a final slide or a short video about Berlin as a science hub to your presentation.
- Support Brain City Berlin: Spread the campaign website with your ambassador portrait or participate in events organised by the Brain City campaign.
- International networking: Do you teach abroad, or do you have international students in your seminars? Get them excited not only about your field of expertise, but also for living and working in Berlin. We can provide materials to help with this.
- Social media: Use Twitter, Instagram, etc. to keep your network in the loop. Share, for example on Facebook or Twitter, a link to your ambassador portrait or to your Brain of Berlin activities. If you enjoy communicating via social media, you, your project group, or institute can also sign up to take over the Brain City Instagram account for a week. You can then use this to give vivid insights into your day-to-day work as researchers.
Our social media channels:
Twitter: @BrainCityB, #BrainCityBerlin
How we support your ambassador activities
We support your commitment to the Brain City Berlin and provide several materials. Use the campaign to make your research more visible to the outside world!
- Your portrait on the Brain City Berlin website: We will create an ambassador portrait of you for our "Brains of Berlin" section.
- Interviews, reports, and articles: Are you researching an innovative project, want us to write up a news article about one of your events, or want to contribute your own articles? Our "Stories" section serves this purpose.
- Brain City Kit: In order to be able to integrate your commitment to the Brain City into your work as effortlessly as possible, we provide information and promotional materials about Berlin and scientific research in Berlin. We will also be happy to advise you.
- Participation in Brain City events: As part of the campaign, we invite you to events and network meetings. If you wish, you can apply to serve as an expert at events that match your profile.
How to become a Brain of Berlin
You want to serve as an ambassador for science and research in Berlin? Applying is easy! It just takes a few minutes: Just fill out our online form and we'll get back to you as soon as possible about the details.
Be a Brain of Berlin!