[Translate to English:] ©Fotowerk – AdobeStock03.06.2020
[Translate to English:] Jetzt bewerben: 3 neue Gesundheitsstudiengänge an der ASH Berlin
“Nursing”, “Interprofessional Health Care – online” and “Management and Care in the health sector”: Three new health care courses will start in the winter semester 2020/21 at the Alice Salomon Hochschule Berlin (ASH Berlin). Applications for two programs are open now - for “Interprofessional Health Care” from July 1, 2020.
Brain City Berlin is not only one of the leading locations for health care and life sciences worldwide, but also one of the most innovative. A current example: From the winter semester 2020/21, three new Bachelor’s degree programs in health care will be launched at the ASH Berlin. Objectives of the new courses: They are intended to help professionalise healthcare professionals. Why this is so important in the increasingly complex healthcare system is explained by Professor Dr. Gudrun Piechotta-Henze, Brain City Ambassador and Professor of Nursing Science at the ASH Berlinin a Brain City interview: “Our graduates enter the job market with a highly developed set of skills. For example, international studies prove that nurses with an academic background are more likely to understand the situation when emergencies or complications arise and react in a comprehensive manner.”
The course prepares students for future requirements in health and nursing care. Previous training or experience in the care sector is not required. After seven semesters, graduates can obtain two different degrees: the Bachelor of Science and the state recognition as a nursing professional.
Target group: High school graduates who are aiming for a career in the care sector; trained nursing staff who would like to continue their education while working.
Application: 01 June to 15 July 2020
The part-time, online-based course is aimed at people with professional experience in nursing and therapy. Within six semesters, students learn to think and act across occupations in the field of health care. Working while studying is expressly desired, but not a requirement.
Target group: Nursing staff (health and nursing, health and paediatric nursing, geriatric nursing); therapists (physiotherapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists) with university entrance qualifications who have successfully completed three years of training and have already had at least one year of professional experience (full-time employment, correspondingly longer for part-time employment); nurses and therapists without a general qualification for university entrance, but at least three years of professional experience.
Application: 01 July to 20 August 2020
This Bachelor’s program is aimed at experienced professionals in the health care sector who wish to further their education. In six semesters of regular study time, it prepares students for management tasks in health and nursing care. They also learn to reflect on their previous professional activities.
Target group: Experienced professionals with completed training as health and (paediatric) nurses, geriatric nurses, midwives/maternity nurses, social care workers, physiotherapists/occupational therapists, speech therapists, operation technical assistants, emergency paramedics or medical specialist.
Application: 01 June to 15 July 2020
- Facts & Events Berlin Science WeekFacts & EventsWith more than 200 events and over 500 speakers, this year’s Berlin Science Week is bigger than ever before. However, the 2020 edition of the...→
Berlin Science Week 2020 – Digital and Global
- Facts & Events MPG © Hallbauer und FiorettiFacts & EventsDie Königlich Schwedische Akademie der Wissenschaften hat der Berliner Spitzenforscherin Prof. Dr. Emmanuelle Charpentier und der US-Amerikanerin...→
Nobelpreis Chemie 2020 für Emmanuelle Charpentier – wir gratulieren!
- Facts & Events ©Mario Gogh/UnsplashFacts & EventsStart-ups arising from research being done at Berlin's universities are of major importance for the region's economy. As the “Gruendungsumfrage 2020”...→
Academic start-ups strengthen Berlin's economy
- Facts & Events ©Samuel HenneFacts & EventsThe exhibition MACHT NATUR at STATE Studio in Berlin focuses on the discomfort that many of us experience when faced with human intervention in...→
MACHT NATUR: an exhibition that asks questions
- Facts & Events ©visitBerlin/Sarah LindemannFacts & EventsReal-world Laboratories are bringing scientists together with practitioners to develop solutions to the questions of tomorrow in an experimental...→
The "StadtManufaktur Berlin" Exhibition: experiments to create a city worth living in
- Facts & Events LNDW/IrmischFacts & EventsThe Long Night of Sciences (Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften) has long been one of the highlights of the Brain City Berlin event calendar every June....→
Long Night of the Sciences: this year as a podcast series
- Facts & Events © Futurium/Ali GhandtschiFacts & EventsFor all those who have not yet planned anything specific for the weekend - here are a few tips from the Brain City editorial team combining leisure...→
5 tips: Weekend in Brain City Berlin
- Facts & Events Fotocredit: #MIT Covid-19 ChallengeFacts & EventsApply for the #MIT Hackathon "Beat the Pandemic II" until 26 May! Experts from different fields are sought.→
"Beat the Pandemic II": Join the MIT COVID-19 Challenge
- Facts & Events ©BIT6Facts & EventsThe Coronvirusa crisis poses great challenges, especially for small and medium-sized companies. On 20 May, scientific experts will speak all day in...→
TRAO – digital transfer day on the 20th of May
- Facts & Events ©Paul Hahn PhotographyFacts & EventsBerlin's Senator for Economics, Ramona Pop, and Brandenburg's Minister of Economic Affairs, Jörgs Steinbach, have once again announced the search for...→
2020 Innovation Award: Apply by 22th June!
- Facts & Events © Beuth Hochschule / Karsten FlügelFacts & EventsBuildings, lecture halls and laboratories in the Brain City Berlin are currently closed to students, teachers and researchers due to the corona...→
COVID-19: Berlin universities are helping
- Facts & Events ©FMP/ Barth van RossumFacts & EventsUsing viruses against influenza, avian flu - and maybe soon also against Corona? An alliance of scientists from the Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für...→
Berlin research alliance develops influenza inhibitor
- Facts & Events ©TU Berlin Pressestelle / DahlFacts & EventsThe coronavirus pandemic carries many risks, not only for individuals, but also for society. But how are the risks being perceived? And how are people...→
Risk perception in the coronavirus crisis: a survey from TU Berlin
- Facts & Events ©Martin Sanchez on UnsplashFacts & EventsAt the moment, Berlin’s universities and colleges are in emergency operation. The same applies to the non-university research institutions of the...→
Coronavirus – What is happening in the Brain City Berlin?
- Facts & Events [Translate to English:] ©Marcel/UnsplashFacts & EventsBe it the greater mouse-eared bat, the brown long-eared bat, the serotine bat or the common noctule – bats feel particularly at home in Berlin. 18 of...→
Until 8th of March: Bat Capital seeks hobby researchers
- Facts & Events © Falling Walls FoundationFacts & EventsWhether it is Berlin Science Week, Long Night of the Sciences or the Greentech Festival - the Berlin Science Year 2020 promises to be at least as...→
Brain City Berlin 2020: 10 Event Highlights
- Facts & Events ©TU Berlin PressestelleFacts & Events“Berlin Institute for the Foundations of Learning and Data” (BIFOLD) is the new organisation that the Berlin Big Data Center (BBDC) and the Berlin...→
AI Beacon for Berlin: Millions in funding from the German Federal Government and State of Berlin
- Facts & Events shutterstock © andersphotoFacts & EventsBerliners win six high-ranking research awards: a total of five outstanding scientists received awards from the European Research Council. And Berlin...→
Six awards announced for Berlin scientists
- Facts & Events ©IFAFFacts & Events22.11.2019 | Interdisciplinarity is a central characteristic of science and research in Berlin. This was most recently proven when the Berlin...→
IFAF Berlin marks 10th anniversary
- Facts & Events ©ADN BroadcastFacts & Events31.10.2019 | For the second time, a Falling Walls Lab was held in Tunis, the capital of Tunisia, on 21 September 2019. The event was organized by...→
Brain City Ambassador organizes 2nd Falling Walls Lab in Tunis
- Facts & Events ©Berlin Science Week 2019Facts & Events23.10.2019 | Over 350 top researchers from all over the world, more than 130 events, and a new format: the "Berlin Science Campus". Berlin Science...→
10 days dedicated to science: Berlin Science Week 2019
- Facts & Events ©Marvin Meyer/UnsplashFacts & EventsMore students than ever before are expected to be enrolled at the colleges and universities in the Brain City Berlin by the winter semester 2019/20....→
Start of the semester: 195,000 students expected | 17.10.2019
- Facts & Events Fu Berlin / Peter HirnselFacts & EventsBerlin is a cosmopolitan metropolis. People from more than 190 countries live and work in the city. More and more young, talented people who would...→
Berlin universities are extraordinarily international | 10.10.2019
- Facts & Events UVB 2019 / André WagenzikFacts & EventsBrain City Berlin is considered one of the leading locations in Germany working on artificial intelligence. Berlin science is an important driver of...→
Accelerating the digital transformation: TU Berlin and business associations intensify cooperation | 02.10.2019
- Facts & Events © ESMT Berlin/Fotografin: Annette KorrolFacts & EventsAlso a great outcome for Brain City Berlin: Özlem Bedre-Defolie, Associate Professor of Economics at the ESMT Berlin international business school has...→
On the trail of dominant platforms: ESMT Professor receives around 1.5 million euro in grant funding | 11.09.2019
- Facts & Events ©Futurium/David von BeckerFacts & EventsAlmost everyone's occupied with the future, because it's going to affect all of us. The Futurium, which opened yesterday in Brain City Berlin, invites...→
Creating public space for thinking in Brain City Berlin: the opening of the Futurium | 06.09.2019
- Facts & Events [Translate to English:] Peitz/CharitéFacts & EventsThe Brain City Berlin once again gets top-class new scientists: The medician and epidemiologist Prof. Dr. Dr. Sabine Gabrysch is the first female...→
First nationwide professorship for climate change and health in Berlin | 26.06.2019
- Facts & Events [Translate to English:] OttobockFacts & EventsThe last school day in Berlin is over. Finally summer holidays! But some students might get bored while swimming all day in the Havel or the...→
Clever throughout the summer holidays | 19.06.2019
- Facts & Events [Translate to English:] Florian ReimannFacts & EventsThe future of the city: what could it look like? That's what Berlin's CityLAB is busy thinking about and researching. The Berlin experimental...→
Laboratory for the digitalization of Berlin: CityLAB opens | 13.06.2019
- Facts & Events [Translate to English:] chris knight/unsplashFacts & EventsBerliners with foreign roots are extremely innovative. According to a short report by IW, the Cologne Institute for Economic Research, 16.1% of the...→
Berliners with a migration background especially inventive | 29.05.2019
- Facts & Events [Translate to English:] TU Berlin/DahlFacts & EventsBerlin is one of the most exciting centers for science and research in the world. Brain City Berlin is characterized by international and...→
Brain City Berlin: in free dialog with the world | 13.05.2019
- Facts & Events [Translate to English:]Facts & EventsIn the globally recognized QS University Ranking, Berlin's universities performed very well in many disciplines. They are 30 times among the top 50...→
QS World University Ranking 2019 - Berlin Universities are among the world's best in many disciplines | 21.03.2019
- Facts & Events [Translate to English:] the climate reality project/usplashFacts & EventsAlready for the third time the international conference "I, Scientist" takes place in the Brain City Berlin. From 20 to 21 September 2019, students...→
Register now! "I, Scientist" - Gender Conference for Women Scientists | 25.07.2019