The Brain City Berlin Campaign and its Ambassadors
As a research hub, Berlin has become an international magnet – for scientists, entrepreneurs and research companies. The Brain City Berlin campaign – initiated by Berlin Partners for Business and Technology and the Berlin Partner Sciences network –- is aimed at communicating innovative subject matter and the latest news from the scientific metropolis Berlin to a global audience. The ambassadors are at the heart of this.
The ambassadors – A personal look at the research hub Berlin
In the role of ambassador, researchers from Berlin will provide insights into the scientific metropolis and report on their personal experiences of research and life in the German capital at events worldwide.
The Brain City Berlin ambassadors include renowned scientists and young talent alike. They work at Berlin universities, research institutions and companies, and have first-hand experience of the Berlin science scene.
Who can become a Brain City ambassador?
- Researchers in Berlin scientific institutions or research companies
- Former researchers who no longer live in Berlin but wish to keep in touch with the science hub Berlin
What does a Brain City Berlin ambassador do?
On the Brain City Berlin website:
You appear online with a profile in the Our Ambassadors section. You will also answer a few interview questions. Detailed articles on the subject matter of your research may also be published in the Berlin Stories Journal section. You are welcome to suggest possible topics.
At events such as conferences and meetings around the world:
Get talents from the world of science and business around the globe excited about Berlin – we’ll help you. We will provide you with the following assistance:
- Information and advertising materials
- Advice and support
- Additional activities as part of the Brain City campaign, such as participation in ambassador networking meet-ups or involvement in events
You can fulfil your role as ambassador – depending on your area of activity and availability – in a way that suits you. You decide how you want to contribute. We look forward to your feedback and new ideas. Get in touch and share them with us!
Examples of how you can get involved as a Brain City campaign ambassador
- Showcase Berlin: Provide information in your specialist presentations on the scientific metropolis Berlin, for example in a PowerPoint slide or a short film on the science hub Berlin.
- Support the Brain City campaign: Refer people to the campaign page and your ambassador profile. You may also attend campaign events such as the summer festival.
- International networking: Do you teach at research institutes abroad or host international students? Get them excited, not just about your specialism, but about Berlin and science in Germany! We are happy to provide you with information materials to help you along the way.
- Use social media: Use web 2.0 to inform your network about your activities as an ambassador. Share a link to your ambassador profile, for example, on Facebook or Twitter.
The Brain City Berlin social media channels:
Twitter: @BrainCityB #BrainCityBerlin